Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Eggs!

My mom, Landon's Nana, came to visit and to color Easter Eggs this weekend! We had talked about coloring Easter Eggs the weekend before with my sister (in-law) and nephew but I was afraid Landon would drink the dye or something kooky like that. However, my smart brother pointed out that it is probably non-toxic..... wish I had thought of that last weekend. None the less we still had a great time with Nana coloring eggs.... oh and Landon did in fact try to drink the dye and lick the spoons!
This was our first year coloring eggs since I was a kid..eerrrr.... highschool kid... lol we colored eggs at my house well into highschool. But I found some really cool tricks on Pinterest for some little ideas on coloring Easter eggs! We used Muffin Tins for some of our coloring dye and the empty slots we used them to dry the eggs. We also used only vinegar in half of the colors and just a little bit of water in the others. The ones with only vinegar were BOLD!! the ones with just a little bit of water were a little bit lighter. I mostly loved the bold colors- but the light green was almost a lime green and it was beautiful!!! Here are some of our pictures coloring eggs at the picnic table having tons of fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment