Saturday, January 28, 2012

Homemade Gifts-I'm a DIYer LOL

Here lately I have been obsessed with Pintrest! I love finding new ideas! I love to be crafty but I wouldn't call myself "creative" But I am great at borrowing other people's ideas then twisting them to make them mine :) So one of my most recent finds have been Valentine's Day ideas. At work we have drawn names for a Secret Valentine. I drew a fabulous name of a super sweet girl! I made her oreo cheesecake on Monday of last week- also another pintrest find. I'll post that picture later and add a recipe for it too. At the end of the week I put this in her box.
 It's a hand soap with a tag that says, "I was Soapin' you'd be my Valentine!" Isn't that adorable!? I thought it was so clever.

My second item was for a baby shower. I didn't get this idea from pintrest, but I thought it was equally as cute! One of my girl friends from highschool is having a little boy and her shower was last weekend. This was my gift!

I use this in my bathroom with my little boy, everyday! It's fabulous to hold everything you need in one place for bath time! The bag is an Initials, Inc Get a Grip- this one is in the Mum Stripe pattern. I was hoping it would look "manly" enough, but still cute :) I added some bath essentials- lotion, oil, powder, qtips,in the middle are diapers and petroleum jelly,  and on the side you can't see is shampoo and body wash. She loved it so much that I just bought a couple more for some of my other girl friends that are having babies! It's like baby palooza- there is a baby being born amongst my friend one a month for the next 5 months! haha I love it! You can get the Get a Grip at www.myinitials-inc.com/BrittanyQ  Starting February 1st, when the new catalog comes out, it will be in more patterns and they will also offer it in a bigger size! Exciting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment